gcc on different platforms

Daniel Schnell Daniel.Schnell.GP@icn.siemens.de
Fri Dec 10 21:48:00 GMT 1999

Hi everybody,

I've got a question concerning gcc as a cross-compiler for the same
TARGET platform but compiling on different HOST-platforms. (2 gcc's !)

Maybe this is a silly question, but for me it is extremely important to
know.

If the version of gcc is the same on both host platforms, does it
produce the same output (i.e. object files) on different host platforms
if you always use the same source and header files and do not turn on
debugging informations ??

If not, where and what are the differences ??

Thanks in advance,

Daniel Schnell.