Need OLD GCC 2.5.8 or 2.7.xx for Solaris 1 -- where?

BSD Bob bsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Tue Dec 7 16:20:00 GMT 1999


I have an aging SparcBook 2 running Solaris 1.0.1 that is unupgradable.
It has an old user contrib port of gcc-2.1 on its Solaris CD, but, when
that port is installed, it generates internal compiler errors when
compiling anything serious (like gcc 2.5.8 or 2.7.2.3).  I really would
like to get a working gcc port up on it.  All I need is 2.5.8, but
anything that works, will also do.  My goal is to compile TeX, groff,
and a working gcc and a few gnu tools, so I can  run Apache on the
beast as a portable web server.

1.)  Anyone know of the whereabouts of any SparcBook 2 ports of any vintage
     of gcc?

2.)  Anyone know of the whereabouts of any pre-2.5.8 gcc sources so that
     I might try recompiling an early port and then work that up to a
     later port?

3).  Anyone know, for sure, if the native SunOS compiler of a SparcBook 2
     Solaris will properly compile a working gcc?  If so, which version
     of gcc (the machine is only a tiny laptop with a pair of 300mb hd's
     so it can't attack easily the full 2.95.2 kind of thing).

Any suggestions, insights, horror stories, etc., are appreciated.

Thanks

Bob



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list