[Bug target/111822] [12/13/14 Regression] during RTL pass: lr_shrinkage ICE: in operator[], at vec.h:910 with -O2 -m32 -flive-range-shrinkage -fno-dce -fnon-call-exceptions since r12-5301-g045206450386bc

ubizjak at gmail dot com gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Fri Mar 8 13:22:22 GMT 2024


https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=111822

--- Comment #13 from Uroš Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com> ---
(In reply to Richard Biener from comment #12)

> > But I think, we could do better. Adding CC.
> 
> We sure could, but I doubt it's too important?  Maybe for Go/Ada.

Preloading stuff is simply loading from the same DImode address, so I'd think
that EH_NOTE should be moved from the original insn to the new insn without
much problems.

Please note that on x86_32 split pass is later splitting DImode memory access
to two SImode loads, this looks somehow harder problem as far as EH notes are
concerned, as the one above.

I'm not versed in this area, so I'll leave the fix to someone else.


More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list