[Bug c++/106898] New: ECF_NOTHROW for __cxa_deleted_virtual or not for __cxa_pure_virtual
aoliva at gcc dot gnu.org
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Sat Sep 10 02:45:33 GMT 2022
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=106898
Bug ID: 106898
Summary: ECF_NOTHROW for __cxa_deleted_virtual or not for
__cxa_pure_virtual
Product: gcc
Version: 13.0
Status: UNCONFIRMED
Severity: normal
Priority: P3
Component: c++
Assignee: unassigned at gcc dot gnu.org
Reporter: aoliva at gcc dot gnu.org
Target Milestone: ---
I see no reason for the difference WRT ECF_NOTHROW between
__cxa_deleted_virtual and __cxa_pure_virtual library declarations pushed in
decl.cc and class.cc, respectively. Their implementations behave essentially
the same, I suppose both might be user-overridable (though I see no evidence
that this is indeed the case), and neither promises not to throw in the C++ ABI
document (but I realize throwing from either one could be problematic if the
virtual method happens to be nothrow).
Unless there's good reason to keep this flag difference, IMHO it would be
desirable to resolve the inconsistency one way or another.
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list