[Bug fortran/91497] -Wconversion warns when doing explicit type conversion
sgk at troutmask dot apl.washington.edu
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Wed Sep 11 23:16:00 GMT 2019
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=91497
--- Comment #12 from Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl.washington.edu> ---
On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 11:08:52PM +0000, manfred99 at gmx dot ch wrote:
> https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=91497
>
> --- Comment #11 from Manfred Schwarb <manfred99 at gmx dot ch> ---
> >> !---LONG not allowed anymore in gfortran 10 (?):
> >> !!ff=LONG(a)
> >> !!ff=LONG(b)
> >> !!ff=LONG(c)
> >> !!ff=LONG(d)
> >> !!ff=LONG(g)
> >
> >LONG was removed by by BOZ patch. It was documented
> >to convert its argument to C's 32-bit long type. Not
> >a good thing as long can be 64-bit. Note, SHORT was
> >also removed. Fortunately, LONG and SHORT were in-line
> >conversion, so no change to libgfortran was needed.
>
>
> Well, the error message is
> 92 | ff=LONG(a)
> | 1
> Error: 'long' intrinsic subprogram at (1) has been deprecated. Use INT
> intrinsic subprogram.
>
> The message talks about "deprecated", so I assumed I could eliminate
> this error with "-std=legacy" or something similar. But in fact you
> have deleted this feature. This is very OK for me, but I find the message
> a bit confusing.
LONG and SHORT have been removed. There is no fallback via
-std=legacy. I suppose I could (or someone who cares) can change
the word "deprecated" to "removed".
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list