[Bug c++/87656] Useful flags to enable with -Wall or -Wextra
egallager at gcc dot gnu.org
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Wed Nov 14 03:17:00 GMT 2018
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=87656
--- Comment #4 from Eric Gallager <egallager at gcc dot gnu.org> ---
(In reply to krux from comment #3)
> -Wshadow, at least the local variant, would indeed be really nice in -Wall
> or at least -Wextra. The global one is still too noisy because of class
> constructors: https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=78147
> I always use -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wconversion -Wsign-conversion.
There's 2 local variants, 1 for compatible locals and 1 for any locals. Which
one do you mean? Actually that reminds me, I'd like that distinction for
globals, too:
compatible | doesn't matter |
___________________________|__________________________|
local | -Wshadow=compatible-local | -Wshadow=local |
-----------------------------------+--------------------------|
global | ??? | -Wshadow (+nothing else) |
--------------------------------------------------------------|
i.e. come up for something for the "???" box. (But I guess that's an issue for
another bug)
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list