[Bug debug/84550] [8 Regression] stepping through gcc does not work with gdb 8.0.1
kevinb at redhat dot com
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Fri Mar 9 03:59:00 GMT 2018
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=84550
--- Comment #15 from Kevin Buettner <kevinb at redhat dot com> ---
I've been focusing my attention on dwarf2read.c (in GDB). I have a patch which
fixes this problem, but which introduces a bunch of test suite regressions.
(So it's not a very good patch.) I'll be away on Friday, but will resume
looking at it when I return on Monday.
Anyway, with that not-very-good patch in place, this is what I see:
(gdb) b qux
Breakpoint 1 at 0x4005b0: file vau2.c, line 24.
(gdb) x/i 0x400460
0x400460 <_Z3quxP1C.cold.0>: callq 0x400430 <abort@plt>
(gdb)
0x400465: nopw %cs:0x0(%rax,%rax,1)
(gdb)
0x40046f: nop
(gdb) run
Starting program: /mesquite2/.ironwood2/84550/vau2
Breakpoint 1, qux (p=0x7fffffffe098) at vau2.c:24
24 if (!p->c) __builtin_abort ();
(gdb) s
25 a = p->c->b;
(gdb) s
27 b = (a->a == 4)
(gdb) s
foo (p=0x7fffffffe08c) at vau2.c:8
8 return false;
Note that only one location is set for the breakpoint in qux. Also, I'm now
able to step into foo().
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list