[Bug ada/86211] New: GCC 8 ada cannot build GCC 7 ada
rguenth at gcc dot gnu.org
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Tue Jun 19 11:28:00 GMT 2018
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=86211
Bug ID: 86211
Summary: GCC 8 ada cannot build GCC 7 ada
Product: gcc
Version: 8.1.0
Status: UNCONFIRMED
Severity: normal
Priority: P3
Component: ada
Assignee: unassigned at gcc dot gnu.org
Reporter: rguenth at gcc dot gnu.org
Target Milestone: ---
Not sure whether this can be worked around for GCC 7 or GCC 8 but it's
unfortunate
that the GCC 8 ada compiler cannot be used to bootstrap GCC 7 with ada enabled.
Yes, I know this isn't really supported but it's unfortunate because it makes
me unable to bootstrap/test patches with ada on the GCC 6 and 7 branches on
the systems that have the system compiler updated to GCC 8.
The specific error I am getting is
[ 154s] gcc -c -g -O2 -gnatp -gnatws -nostdinc -I- -I. -Iada/generated -Iada
-I../../gcc/ada -I../../gcc/ada/gcc-interface \
[ 154s] ada/b_gnat1.adb -o ada/b_gnat1.o
[ 154s] b_gnat1.adb:174:79: "SS_Stack" not declared in "Secondary_Stack"
[ 154s] b_gnat1.adb:174:89: incorrect constraint for this kind of type
[ 154s] b_gnat1.adb:268:56: "Runtime_Default_Sec_Stack_Size" not declared in
"Parameters"
[ 154s] make[3]: *** [../../gcc/ada/gcc-interface/Make-lang.in:949:
ada/b_gnat1.o] Error 1
maybe there's a workaround available?
Using system GCC 7 was fine for bootstrapping and testing patches on the GCC 6
branch.
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list