[Bug middle-end/81897] [6/7/8 Regression] spurious -Wmaybe-uninitialized warning
aldyh at gcc dot gnu.org
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Thu Jan 4 21:39:00 GMT 2018
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=81897
--- Comment #10 from Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at gcc dot gnu.org> ---
Created attachment 43037
--> https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=43037&action=edit
proposed UNTESTED patch
Everything is so easy once Jeff does all the analysis :).
As mentioned, there is no rhyme or reason to the seemingly random choice of
starting the chain at the immediate dominator of the potentially uninitialized
PHI argument. The ENTRY block seems like a saner solution, but alas
compute_control_dep_chain() and friends can't handle computing dependency
chains starting at the entry block.
Once that is fixed, we have a shot at analyzing the dependency chain and
calculating if anything invalidated it. At which point, my code was broken.
I feel like I'm just echoing Jeff :).
The attached UNTESTED patch fixes the PR, while surviving:
make check-gcc RUNTESTFLAGS=dg.exp=uninit*
I'll go through testing and post if I didn't break the world.
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list