[Bug c/78352] GCC lacks support for the Apple "blocks" extension to the C family of languages
iains at gcc dot gnu.org
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Sat Dec 15 08:41:00 GMT 2018
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=78352
--- Comment #7 from Iain Sandoe <iains at gcc dot gnu.org> ---
(In reply to Eric Gallager from comment #6)
> (In reply to Eric Gallager from comment #5)
> > (In reply to René J.V. Bertin from comment #4)
> > > Any news on this front?
> >
> > Last I heard from Iain he was still having to deal with water damage to his
> > office...
>
> He seems to be back now, but dealing with lower-hanging fruit in his backlog
> at the moment.
The focus is on wrong-code and regression bugs at the moment (not necessarily
lowest-hanging fruit)
Apropos this enhancement:
1) My last set of working patches was against 4.9/5 - so they need to be
forward-ported.
2) There is a design ;-) the reason this is assigned...
3) This would involve changes to c-family FE and some ME additions, so you can
be sure it is not relevant until 10 stage 1 at the earliest.
> (I really wish I knew as much about the Darwin port as he
> does so I could help reduce its "bus factor", but unfortunately I haven't
> been able to focus hard enough to sit down and really learn it)
There is a lot of testsuite noise some of which probably *is* low-hanging fruit
(places where there are Linux-isms in the test cases which simply need the
Darwin equivalent) - Darwin folks *you* can test/analyse/categorise these,
whereas the folks without a Darwin box cannot - so please go at it! JFTR, I
started with testsuite fixes ..
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list