[Bug target/88469] Unaligned stack access on arm (in particular armv5)
rearnsha at gcc dot gnu.org
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Thu Dec 13 16:22:00 GMT 2018
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=88469
Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at gcc dot gnu.org> changed:
What |Removed |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keywords| |wrong-code
Status|WAITING |NEW
--- Comment #3 from Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at gcc dot gnu.org> ---
Sigh, this is a PCS layout bug for argument marshalling. I think it can only
happen when a struct inherits 64-bit alignment from a bit-field. In this case,
the alignment on the bit-field is 1, but it's real alignment for the purposes
of type-layout is derived from the bit-field's type.
I have a simple fix, but I need to think a bit more about how we might need to
warn about this change occurring - made more complicated by the fact that we
already have code to warn about a previous ABI bug in this area.
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list