[Bug libgomp/88303] libgomp does not repect RUNTESTFLAGS
sgk at troutmask dot apl.washington.edu
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Mon Dec 3 15:59:00 GMT 2018
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=88303
--- Comment #4 from Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl.washington.edu> ---
On Mon, Dec 03, 2018 at 08:37:32AM +0000, jakub at gcc dot gnu.org wrote:
> https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=88303
>
> --- Comment #1 from Jakub Jelinek <jakub at gcc dot gnu.org> ---
> Libgomp certainly does respect RUNTESTFLAGS, I use
> make check-target-libgomp RUNTESTFLAGS=c.exp=atomic-2.c
> and similar very often.
>
> Isn't the problem that toplevel check-fortran depends on
> check-target-libgomp-fortran which does:
> check-target-libgomp-fortran:
> $(MAKE) RUNTESTFLAGS="$(RUNTESTFLAGS) fortran.exp" check-target-libgomp
> and thus checks all fortran?
>
I don't know what the problem is other than it appears to have arrived
with
------------------------------------------------------------------------
r261717 | ebotcazou | 2018-06-18 15:01:58 -0700 (Mon, 18 Jun 2018) | 4 lines
* Makefile.def (fortran): Add check-target-libgomp-fortran.
* Makefile.tpl (check-target-libgomp-fortran): New phony target.
* Makefile.in: Regenerate.
So, prior to this commit, exactly 5 tests were compiled, which takes
on the order of 3 seconds on this old hardware (see below). Now, with
libgomp not respecting RUNTESTFLAGS (or not receiving RUNTESTFLAGS from
make in obj/), building all libgomp takes 15 minutes.
% time gmake check-fortran RUNTESTFLAGS="dg.exp=pr88249.f90"
886.46 real 746.40 user 132.63 sys
> I have no idea what to change it to support what you want though, I'd suggest
> just do
> make -C gcc check-gfortran RUNTESTFLAGS="dg.exp=pr88269.f90" if you want to
> check something in the GCC testsuite, not use the toplevel check-fortran.
I have no idea how to fix the problem, but your suggested workaround
seems to work.
% time gmake -C gcc check-fortran RUNTESTFLAGS="dg.exp=pr88249.f90"
...
=== gfortran Summary ===
# of expected passes 5
/usr/home/kargl/gcc/obj/gcc/gfortran version 9.0.0 20181202 \
(experimental) (GCC)
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/home/kargl/gcc/obj/gcc'
gmake: Leaving directory '/usr/home/kargl/gcc/obj/gcc'
2.56 real 1.72 user 0.76 sys
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list