[Bug c++/82821] New: g++ states that ctor of class is inaccessible just because I have inherited privately from it
gene at genethomas dot com
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Fri Nov 3 08:55:00 GMT 2017
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=82821
Bug ID: 82821
Summary: g++ states that ctor of class is inaccessible just
because I have inherited privately from it
Product: gcc
Version: 5.4.0
Status: UNCONFIRMED
Severity: normal
Priority: P3
Component: c++
Assignee: unassigned at gcc dot gnu.org
Reporter: gene at genethomas dot com
Target Milestone: ---
Created attachment 42541
--> https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=42541&action=edit
c++ source file that reproduces the error
Just because I have privately inherited from a class should not mean that it's
ctor is inaccessible to me.
g++ (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.5) 5.4.0 20160609
(in Ubuntu Linux 16.04.3 LTS)
to reproduce:
g++ g++-base-inaccessible.cpp
output:
g++-base-inaccessible.cpp: In member function ‘void MyAnotherString::method()’:
g++-base-inaccessible.cpp:2:16: error: ‘class MyString MyString::MyString’ is
inaccessible
class MyString {
^
g++-base-inaccessible.cpp:11:9: error: within this context
MyString s; // fails
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list