[Bug debug/80263] gcc's internal type "sizetype" leaks out as base type name in the DWARF info

palves at redhat dot com gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Thu Mar 30 15:42:00 GMT 2017


https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=80263

--- Comment #6 from Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com> ---
Yes, agreed.

I haven't investigated yet why it ends up with that "<invalid type code 8>",
but it's likely that the hack was incomplete and that's a red herring.

Hopefully GDB won't have some hard-to-eliminate dependency on a lookup by name
somewhere related to these subrange types that would be broken by going
nameless.

I admit I don't fully understand why these types need to be distinct, and why
not emit the underlying type instead of "__unknown__".  Grepping the gcc tree
for SIZETYPE seems to be that it's always defined to SIZE_TYPE (nothing
overrides it), and then that looks like always defined to some C built-in type.


More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list