[Bug fortran/79933] gfortran no longer able to compile dolfyn benchmark
jvdelisle at gcc dot gnu.org
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Tue Mar 7 05:35:00 GMT 2017
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=79933
Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle at gcc dot gnu.org> changed:
What |Removed |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
CC| |jvdelisle at gcc dot gnu.org
--- Comment #1 from Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle at gcc dot gnu.org> ---
Well, from the comments I see in our matchers, the blank is required by F2008
Standard so we are enforcing that requirement.
From my copy of the standard:
3.3.2.2 Blank characters in free form
1) A blank shall be used to separate names, constants, or labels from adjacent
keywords, names, constants, or labels.
So I would put a blank in there and then forget about it. I noticed that the
file has a scattering of TAB characters in there which are strictly speaking
forbidden, but we allow it. -Wtabs or -Wall will show where.
I would call this "not a bug"
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list