[Bug fortran/81615] save-temps and gfortran produces *.f90 files instead of *.i or *i90 files
dominiq at lps dot ens.fr
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Mon Jul 31 13:43:00 GMT 2017
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=81615
Dominique d'Humieres <dominiq at lps dot ens.fr> changed:
What |Removed |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Status|UNCONFIRMED |WAITING
Last reconfirmed| |2017-07-31
Ever confirmed|0 |1
--- Comment #1 from Dominique d'Humieres <dominiq at lps dot ens.fr> ---
> I was under the impression that I would get a test0.i file since the only
> documentation of using -save-temps I can find comes from the gcc docs:
> https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Developer-Options.html#index-save-temps
Which says
Store the usual “temporary” intermediate files permanently.
> which mentions *.i files in their example.
because the compiled file is a C file. The *.i (*.ii) files are C (C++ files),
thus cannot (shall not) be produced by gfortran.
As noticed in comment 0, -save-temps generates a preprocessed *.f90 if it does
not already exists. Note that INCLUDE statements are ignored.
IMO this PR should be closed as INVALID or WONTFIX.
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list