[Bug target/78804] [RX] -m64bit-doubles does not work
olegendo at gcc dot gnu.org
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Mon Aug 14 17:20:00 GMT 2017
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=78804
--- Comment #21 from Oleg Endo <olegendo at gcc dot gnu.org> ---
(In reply to Ian Lance Taylor from comment #18)
> How could the size of that struct possibly be 12? Can you figure out what
> is causing that to happen? There are exactly 64 bits specified, and the
> fields are all packed. The size ought to be 8. I don't see what could
> cause it to be 12.
>
> Also, I should have said that you need to compile with -m64bit-doubles.
Yeah, right. D'uh, sorry.
With -m64bit-doubles it prints
12
0 2ec 0
But doesn't matter. I already found out that the size is 12 bytes in comment
#8 above. Packing the whole struct helps, as mentioned above.
I don't know why it was decided to use this ABI. Maybe some legacy stuff. RX
has those issues. But I don't think it matters in this case.
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list