[Bug fortran/79430] [7 Regression] action of statement incorrectly optimised away
juergen.reuter at desy dot de
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Wed Apr 19 10:18:00 GMT 2017
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=79430
--- Comment #54 from Jürgen Reuter <juergen.reuter at desy dot de> ---
(In reply to Thomas Koenig from comment #53)
> (In reply to Jürgen Reuter from comment #51)
> > (In reply to Thomas Koenig from comment #50)
> > > (In reply to Jürgen Reuter from comment #48)
> > > > (In reply to Thomas Koenig from comment #47)
> > > > > I'll try some bisection.
> > > >
> > > > Did you get the full tarball running on an x86_64?
> > >
> > > Yes, at least up to the point where I could "make check".
> > >
> > > I would have gone faster if "make -j4" worked to compile
> > > the package in parallel :-)
> >
> > Strange. We always do `make -j4`. What went wrong?
>
> Well, "make -j4" worked, but the speedup due to parallel
> processing was not big, around 29 min of CPU time for
> 22 min of wall clock time:
>
> real 22m21.054s
> user 28m7.053s
> sys 0m52.747s
I see. This is indeed true, but is IMHO the price to pay for OO code with many
interdependencies. Up to now we refrained from using submodules.
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list