[Bug libfortran/78549] Very slow formatted internal file output
mecej4 at operamail dot com
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Wed Nov 30 04:02:00 GMT 2016
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=78549
--- Comment #6 from mecej4 at operamail dot com ---
(In reply to Jerry DeLisle from comment #5)
>
> Can you explain what "Windows Subsystem for Linux (Ubuntu 14) on Windows-10"
> is?
Sorry if I created a bad portmanteau phrase.
Here is a link to Microsoft's own description of WSL (Windows Subsystem for
Linux) : https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/commandline/wsl/about .
This beta product for Windows 10-x64 provides a Bash shell in which character
I/O, user-mode Linux applications can be run (only 64-bit a.out supported). I
found it fairly simple to install, and it worked well for the tests that I
tried. Once Bash has been installed, one can install Ubuntu-14 packages using
Apt-Get; in particular, there is a Gfortran 6.2 package that works.
While browsing the sources of LibGfortran, I found the file which seemed to be
a candidate for profiling: write_float.def, which I understand you are
currently revising.
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list