[Bug bootstrap/66038] [5 regression] (stage 2) build/genmatch issue (gcc/hash-table.h|c) with --disable-checking [ introduced by r218976 ]
rguenther at suse dot de
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Thu Jan 14 11:38:00 GMT 2016
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=66038
--- Comment #34 from rguenther at suse dot de <rguenther at suse dot de> ---
On Thu, 14 Jan 2016, kumba at gentoo dot org wrote:
> https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=66038
>
> --- Comment #33 from Joshua Kinard <kumba at gentoo dot org> ---
> The problem may be tied to a particular CFLAG on glibc-n32 MIPS. I ran our
> (Gentoo's) stage-building script, and forgot to block gcc-5.3.0 from building,
> and it ended up completing. Difference between that script (which builds
> inside a chroot) is I used saner CFLAGS.
>
> The CFLAGS I am using in my rootfs that fails to build gcc-5.3.0 is:
> CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -march=r12k -mtune=r12k -mno-fix-r10000 -mabi=n32 -mplt
> -fomit-frame-pointer -fforce-addr -fivopts -fmodulo-sched -ftree-vectorize"
> LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O2 -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro"
>
> So I'll look at dropping one flag at a time, along with trimming LDFLAGS, and
> see if I can pin down which one causes ./genmatch --gimple to segfault
on N32.
-fforce-addr is a no-op and -fivopts is enabled at -O2 by default, so
you can omit those without testing.
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list