[Bug fortran/69860] ICE on missing end apostrophe with character(kind=4)
kargl at gcc dot gnu.org
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Thu Dec 8 04:46:00 GMT 2016
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=69860
kargl at gcc dot gnu.org changed:
What |Removed |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
CC| |janus at gcc dot gnu.org
--- Comment #13 from kargl at gcc dot gnu.org ---
(In reply to kargl from comment #12)
> (In reply to Gerhard Steinmetz from comment #11)
> > And with "kind=4" instead of "kind=1", i.e. with testfile z1.f90 ?
> >
> >
> > for n in `seq 1 1000`
> > do
> > gfortran-7-20160821 -O2 -mavx -c z1.f90
> > done > list 2>&1
> >
> > grep 'internal compiler' list | wc
> > 946 5676 47300
> >
> >
> > I can also confirm that ICEs are gone for z2.f90 ("kind=1").
>
> Ugh. I was testing apparently a kind=1 version. The problem
> is that gfortran is inserting __convert_s1_s4 to convert to
> the same kind, which of course fails. This un-regression-tested
> patch covers up the ICE, but it is perhaps not the correct fix.
> Fortunately, I don't use kind=4 character types, so I don't have
> a dog in this fight.
>
This might have been fixed by Janus patch:
2016-12-04 Janus Weil <janus@gcc.gnu.org>
PR fortran/78618
* intrinsic.c (gfc_convert_type_warn): Do not set the full typespec for
the conversion symbol, but only type and kind. Set the full typespec
for the expression.
(gfc_convert_chartype): Ditto.
Gerhard can re-do your testing. I seem to have good luck with FreeBSD
in testing this.
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list