[Bug c++/67776] New: Missing warning when using asm labels
gccbugzilla at limegreensocks dot com
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Wed Sep 30 01:43:00 GMT 2015
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=67776
Bug ID: 67776
Summary: Missing warning when using asm labels
Product: gcc
Version: 5.0
Status: UNCONFIRMED
Severity: minor
Priority: P3
Component: c++
Assignee: unassigned at gcc dot gnu.org
Reporter: gccbugzilla at limegreensocks dot com
Target Milestone: ---
When compiling this code:
void f(void)
{
int foo asm("myfoo") = 42;
}
using: gcc -c sta7.c
I (correctly) get the warning message:
warning: ignoring asm-specifier for non-static local variable 'foo'
However, if I rename the file from sta7.c to sta7.cpp, I no longer get the
warning. Since the variable is still a non-static local variable, I expected
to still get the warning.
While not particularly interesting of itself, this makes me wonder what other c
error checking might be getting skipped in c++.
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list