[Bug other/67457] segfault in libbacktrace
Joost.VandeVondele at mat dot ethz.ch
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Tue Sep 8 14:50:00 GMT 2015
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=67457
--- Comment #3 from Joost VandeVondele <Joost.VandeVondele at mat dot ethz.ch> ---
(In reply to Ian Lance Taylor from comment #2)
> If other compilers can print a backtrace when mmap fails, then I think they
> must be recording all necessary information in loadable sections. When no
> memory is available we could print a trace of PC addresses, but it would be
> very painful to print file/line information. We could stage the I/O through
> a static buffer, but finding the information to print without being able to
> build any data structures would be very inefficient.
actually, just a trace of PC addresses would be sufficient and useful, it would
allow to get the needed info afterwards nevertheless. This is actually what I
get with the other compiler.
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list