[Bug c++/66701] __cxxabiv1::__cxa_pure_virtual - can it take an argument of the pointer to the function that was called, please?

jmcguiness at liquidcapital dot com gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Wed Jul 1 08:06:00 GMT 2015


https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=66701

Jason McG <jmcguiness at liquidcapital dot com> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|RESOLVED                    |CLOSED
         Resolution|INVALID                     |WONTFIX

--- Comment #4 from Jason McG <jmcguiness at liquidcapital dot com> ---
Once the existence of the restricted ABI was pointed out to me I did not
propose to change it. I proposed creating a new version of the ABI that would
have an improved signature. That signature would be dependent upon what the
compiler could emit. It is not unreasonable to assume that there is an
interplay between what the compiler can emit which should drive the
specification of the ABI.

I have edited the status to "closed/wontfix" as clearly there is no inclination
to implement this enhancement.



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list