[Bug jit/64810] jit not working on armv7hl ("ld: error: /tmp/libgccjit-ZGemdr/fake.so uses VFP register arguments, /tmp/ccJFCBsE.o does not")
dmalcolm at gcc dot gnu.org
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Tue Jan 27 20:00:00 GMT 2015
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=64810
--- Comment #7 from David Malcolm <dmalcolm at gcc dot gnu.org> ---
(In reply to ramana.radhakrishnan@arm.com from comment #4)
> On 27/01/15 12:27, jakub at gcc dot gnu.org wrote:
> > https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=64810
> >
> > Jakub Jelinek <jakub at gcc dot gnu.org> changed:
> >
> > What |Removed |Added
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > CC| |jakub at gcc dot gnu.org
> >
> > --- Comment #2 from Jakub Jelinek <jakub at gcc dot gnu.org> ---
> > Both the compiler and libgccjit were configured with:
> > --with-tune=cortex-a8 --with-arch=armv7-a --with-float=hard
> > --with-fpu=vfpv3-d16 --with-abi=aapcs-linux
>
>
> The --with-abi=aapcs-linux in addition to the --with-float=hard argument
> is just wrong. In fact it allows for a case where if the order of
> command line arguments passed to the compiler if in some way is wrong,
> the code generated will force the compiler into passing floating point
> parameters through the integer registers rather than fp registers which
> is what the --with-float=hard configure time option is doing.
>
> Really Fedora should remove this from the configure line as it only
> confuses people.
Ramana: I'm sorry, I had trouble parsing your comment (e.g. which option were
you referring to by "this" in the final sentence above).
What should I configure with when debugging this?
e.g. should I keep the --with-abi=aapcs-linux and lose the --with-float=hard?
should I be testing with the other options Jakub mentioned? etc.
(Sorry about my ignorance here; I'm not particularly familiar with arm, and my
test machine is slow which makes it difficult to exhaustively try every
possibility).
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list