[Bug bootstrap/63188] [5 Regression] r214954 breaks bootstrap on x86_64-apple-darwin13
joseph at codesourcery dot com
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Fri Sep 5 15:27:00 GMT 2014
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=63188
--- Comment #4 from joseph at codesourcery dot com <joseph at codesourcery dot com> ---
On Fri, 5 Sep 2014, dominiq at lps dot ens.fr wrote:
> > INIT_SECTION_ASM_OP is meant to be a string constant, not empty. Try
> > defining it to "". I suppose the cases in libgcc that actually use the
> > string constant value inside asm, rather than just testing whether it's
> > defined, don't get used for Darwin?
>
> See comment 1.
That's about undefining it. I suggested keeping it defined, but changing
the definition from empty to "". You should, however, examine the code
paths used in libgcc to convince yourself that
__LIBGCC_INIT_SECTION_ASM_OP__ does not actually get used as an asm
argument on Darwin (either directly or via CRT_CALL_STATIC_FUNCTION) -
though if it did get used, I'd have expected you to have got syntax errors
from asm () before my patch. (As far as I know, asm () is not valid
syntax anywhere.)
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list