[Bug target/63679] [5.0 Regression][AArch64] Failure to constant fold.

rguenth at gcc dot gnu.org gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Mon Nov 24 13:45:00 GMT 2014


https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=63679

Richard Biener <rguenth at gcc dot gnu.org> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|ASSIGNED                    |NEW
           Assignee|rguenth at gcc dot gnu.org         |unassigned at gcc dot gnu.org

--- Comment #21 from Richard Biener <rguenth at gcc dot gnu.org> ---
I'm not tackling exactly this bug, still planning to commit the SCCVN
improvement.

Note that generally I believe we do lower to piecewise init way to early
(see bugs about failing to re-combine those piecewise stores).  In fact
this lowering is exactly something I would expect SRA to perform after
cost/benefit analysis.  Enabling FRE to optimize things the same as if
initialized piecewise should make that possible.  It would also enable
the possibility to simply replace references to the target aggregate with
references to the constant pool entry if we can compute the target aggregate
is never changed besides its initialization.

Thus "real" work should probably concentrate on getting SRA to decompose 'a'
(SRA currently does not handle arrays at all, besides arrays of size 1).



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list