[Bug other/60470] Building gcc using "make" fails after a successful configure when flex and bison are not installed.
shlomif at shlomifish dot org
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Thu Mar 13 17:36:00 GMT 2014
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=60470
--- Comment #3 from Shlomi Fish <shlomif at shlomifish dot org> ---
Hi,
thanks for the comments. I see it now, but wouldn't it be possible to put some
logic into the ./configure stage or into the make stage that will detect if the
generated files that are needed by flex or bison needs to be rebuilt and if so
generate a graceful error that they are not present and that they should be
installed? This will help prevent future bug reports like that.
I admit I should have read the documentation, but I don't recall finding it and
I had a need to install a GCC snapshot or its svn version from the repository
to triage a bug report of the bleadperl version of perl 5 with the 4.9.x of
GCC, and I'm not an active GCC contributor and may have forgetten this.
Without a more permanent solution, people may report future bug reports like
that, or ask on various Internet forums for help.
Regards,
-- Shlomi Fish
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list