[Bug c++/61609] New: running libraries compiled with different gcc versions
gnu.org at hovland dot cx
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Wed Jun 25 13:23:00 GMT 2014
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=61609
Bug ID: 61609
Summary: running libraries compiled with different gcc versions
Product: gcc
Version: 4.9.0
Status: UNCONFIRMED
Severity: normal
Priority: P3
Component: c++
Assignee: unassigned at gcc dot gnu.org
Reporter: gnu.org at hovland dot cx
I have an application that tried to access a C++ class that was compiled into 2
different .so/library files. This class uses std::mt19937 and
std::uniform_int_distribution
When only the first library was compiled with GCC 4.9.0, the application
segfaulted.
When I compiled the second library with 4.9.0 also, the application didnt
segfault any more.
The first library was compiled with GCC 4.7.2
I'm not sure if this is a bug in GCC or its supposed to be like that. It would
be great if it didn't segfault this way since I would have to recompile all my
libraries then.
I unfortunately don't have the coredump
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list