[Bug go/60874] FAIL: go.test/test/recover.go execution
ubizjak at gmail dot com
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Tue Aug 5 14:14:00 GMT 2014
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=60874
--- Comment #7 from Uroš Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com> ---
(In reply to Ian Lance Taylor from comment #6)
> I don't know why making the types smaller in comment #4 makes any
> difference. On a system that does not use split stacks, the runtime will
> allocate a 2M stack for each goroutine (see StackMin in
> libgo/runtime/proc.c). That is clearly more than large enough to hold a
> 8192 byte value. The comments in the test about splitting the stack only
> apply to systems that support stack splitting.
>
> This will need more investigation by somebody with access to an Alpha. I
> guess one simple first step would be to verify that USING_SPLIT_STACK and
> LINKER_SUPPORTS_SPLIT_STACK are both 0 in the file TARGET/libgo/config.h.
I can verify that they are undefined.
Maybe the effects of split stack can be ruled out on x86 by forcing it to use
libffi closures with non-split stack configuration?
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list