[Bug ipa/58329] [4.9 Regression] ld: Invalid symbol type for plabel (.libs/libstdc++.lax/libc++11convenience.a/system_error.o, std::error_category::default_error_condition(int) const [clone .localalias.9]).

hubicka at ucw dot cz gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Fri Sep 6 07:54:00 GMT 2013


http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=58329

--- Comment #3 from Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz> ---
> I wouldn't be surprised.
> 
> I don't have assembler output or preprocessed source yet.  There is  
> some alias
> support in gas for HP-UX but I believe it may not work when we have a  
> call using
> a function descriptor (plabel).
On AIX David fixed the output machinery so the aliases now go well even for
descriptors.  There local calls don't use them.  Do you think you can take
a look what is needed for HPUX?  We may just add target machinery to disable
local aliases on targets that can't do aliases.  I hoped that the targets
either do not have runtime interposition in dynamic libraries or they do
have working notion of alias.

Thanks,
Honza



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list