[Bug preprocessor/58687] "#line __LINE__ ..." changes subsequent line numbers
mtewoodbury at gmail dot com
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Wed Oct 30 07:39:00 GMT 2013
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=58687
--- Comment #9 from Max TenEyck Woodbury <mtewoodbury at gmail dot com> ---
(In reply to joseph@codesourcery.com from comment #8)
> Thanks for working on this bug. http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html
> describes how to submit changes (including testcases etc.).
Thank you for the pointer.
As I said, I have a patch. The patch includes an addition to the line4.c test
case.
What is delaying this is my testing of the change. Specifically, I am
configuring, building bootstrap and building check for both the patched and
un-patched code then comparing the results. The comparison was throwing up
many spurious differences due entirely to the slightly different directory
names I was using in the configuration process. I think I now have those
details worked out, but there are still spurious differences due to temporary
file names, but I think that I can get past that. It just takes hours for the
builds to complete...
Argh! -- someone put in a patch that I didn't track properly. More details to
account for and another round of delays. It'll be done when it's properly
tested.
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list