[Bug libstdc++/58625] std::signbit always converts to double
paolo.carlini at oracle dot com
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Fri Oct 4 22:58:00 GMT 2013
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=58625
Paolo Carlini <paolo.carlini at oracle dot com> changed:
What |Removed |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
CC| |jakub at gcc dot gnu.org
--- Comment #1 from Paolo Carlini <paolo.carlini at oracle dot com> ---
Weird that nobody noticed for so much time. Are there actual testcases for
this? Or in practice it's just an optimization issue, not a correctness issue?
Now I suspect isinf and isnan too, for which we would not have available *f and
*l counterparts at all. Could you please check?
I suppose we, libstdc++-v3 people, simply assumed that the C++ front-end
provided a full set of intrinsics corresponding to C99 classification macros,
besides those for the comparison macros.
Adding Jakub in CC: the change per se is so easy, but maybe I'm missing some
background for this.
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list