[Bug ada/57188] [4.9 regression] Ada bootstrap broken on Solaris/x64: No_Implicit_Dynamic_Code violation

ro at CeBiTec dot Uni-Bielefeld.DE gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Tue May 7 15:09:00 GMT 2013


http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=57188

--- Comment #4 from ro at CeBiTec dot Uni-Bielefeld.DE <ro at CeBiTec dot Uni-Bielefeld.DE> 2013-05-07 15:09:04 UTC ---
> --- Comment #3 from Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at gcc dot gnu.org> 2013-05-07
> 15:06:45 UTC ---
>> But what's the justification for the relevant change, which wasn't
>> posted to gcc-patches AFAICS?
>> 
>> 2013-04-23  Eric Botcazou  <ebotcazou@adacore.com>
>>             Pascal Obry    <obry@adacore.com>
>> 
>>         * gcc-interface/Makefile.in (targ): Fix target name check.
>> 
>> Having to deal with the target_alias instead of the canonical form found
>> in target seems rather counterintuitive and fragile to me.
>
> The ChangeLog entry is misleading, neither Pascal nor I have anything to do
> with the change.  Yes, this is very fragile and has already caused various
> issues.

This seems to argue for reverting or at least reworking the change.  I
suppose I'll withhold my patch until it's decided how to proceed.

    Rainer



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list