[Bug target/49880] SuperH: ICE when -m4 is used with -mdiv=call-div1

olegendo at gcc dot gnu.org gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Mon Mar 11 20:30:00 GMT 2013


http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=49880

Oleg Endo <olegendo at gcc dot gnu.org> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |olegendo at gcc dot gnu.org

--- Comment #3 from Oleg Endo <olegendo at gcc dot gnu.org> 2013-03-11 20:29:57 UTC ---
(In reply to comment #1)
> I've confirmed that trunk and all released compilers fail with
> -m4 -mdiv=call-div1.  I'm testing the patch below.
> 
>     * config/sh/sh.md (udivsi3_i1): Enable for TARGET_DIVIDE_CALL_DIV1.
>     (divsi3_i1): Likewise.
> 
> --- ORIG/trunk/gcc/config/sh/sh.md    2011-07-20 09:27:11.000000000 +0900
> +++ trunk/gcc/config/sh/sh.md    2011-07-28 06:49:41.000000000 +0900
> @@ -1609,7 +1609,7 @@
>     (clobber (reg:SI PR_REG))
>     (clobber (reg:SI R4_REG))
>     (use (match_operand:SI 1 "arith_reg_operand" "r"))]
> -  "TARGET_SH1 && ! TARGET_SH4"
> +  "TARGET_SH1 && (! TARGET_SH4 || TARGET_DIVIDE_CALL_DIV1)"
>    "jsr    @%1%#"
>    [(set_attr "type" "sfunc")
>     (set_attr "needs_delay_slot" "yes")])
> @@ -1815,7 +1815,7 @@
>     (clobber (reg:SI R2_REG))
>     (clobber (reg:SI R3_REG))
>     (use (match_operand:SI 1 "arith_reg_operand" "r"))]
> -  "TARGET_SH1 && ! TARGET_SH4"
> +  "TARGET_SH1 && (! TARGET_SH4 || TARGET_DIVIDE_CALL_DIV1)"
>    "jsr    @%1%#"
>    [(set_attr "type" "sfunc")
>     (set_attr "needs_delay_slot" "yes")])

I think the conditions

"TARGET_SH1 && (! TARGET_SH4 || TARGET_DIVIDE_CALL_DIV1)"

can be simplified to

"TARGET_SH1 && TARGET_DIVIDE_CALL_DIV1"

in this case.  The division strategy is selected in sh_option_override, which
already does all the checks, so there should be no need to check for
TARGET_SH4.
Seeing the "! TARGET_SH4" in the conditions is a bit confusing, because
-mdiv=call-div1 is available on all SH variants except SHmedia.

I've tried the simplified conditions and it works as expected.
I'll submit a patch that also adds a some test cases for for -mdiv option.



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list