[Bug fortran/58001] Make it possible to silence "Extension: Tab character in format" warning
sgk at troutmask dot apl.washington.edu
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Tue Jul 30 19:07:00 GMT 2013
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=58001
--- Comment #8 from Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl.washington.edu> ---
On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 06:16:27PM +0000, dominiq at lps dot ens.fr wrote:
> http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=58001
>
> --- Comment #7 from Dominique d'Humieres <dominiq at lps dot ens.fr> ---
> > With -Wno-tabs, gfortran should report a warning for the
> > occurence of every tab used in the context of a character
> > from the Fortran character set. Taking your code, which I've
> > deleted here, and replace all whitespace by tabs, I get the
> > expected number of warnings. Historically, I wanted to use
> > -Wtabs as you expected, but there was too much wailing on
> > the gfortran lists, so it was changed to -Wno-tabs with the
> > meaning that "no tabs are allowed" in the context of the
> > Fortran character set. You'll notice that tabs within
> > a literal character string are not flagged.
>
> I cannot understand the rationale of this choice, but I guess it's too late to
> change it!-(
>
> > The history of -Wtabs verse -Wno-tabs can be found in the mailinglist
> > archive.
>
> No interest to dig the archives on this issue.
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2006-03/msg00226.html
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list