[Bug tree-optimization/55334] [4.8/4.9 Regression] mgrid regression (ipa-cp disables vectorization)

chris_s_jones at yahoo dot com gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Wed Jul 10 23:54:00 GMT 2013


http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=55334

Chris Jones <chris_s_jones at yahoo dot com> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |chris_s_jones at yahoo dot com

--- Comment #32 from Chris Jones <chris_s_jones at yahoo dot com> ---
I'm curious if the original 172.mgrid regression is believed to still exist in
GCC 4.8.1.  I notice that ipa-cp.c has Martin's special case for RESTRICT
pointers, yet building 172.mgrid for AArch64 seems to result in an inlined
version of resid_() which does not get vectorized.  Using -fno-inline-functions
(or alternatively --param inline-min-speedup=17) produces code which runs
significantly faster.  It's remotely possible that I have some local edits
which are causing the regression, but I suspect that the issue is still present
for the mgrid case and wanted to verify that before attempting another
work-around.



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list