[Bug rtl-optimization/55221] [regression] gcc-4.6-20121102/gcc/rtl.h:2105: error: 'FIRST_PSEUDO_REGISTER' undeclared here (not in a fnction)

mexas at bristol dot ac.uk gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Mon Jul 8 13:43:00 GMT 2013


http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=55221

Anton Shterenlikht <mexas at bristol dot ac.uk> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|UNCONFIRMED                 |RESOLVED
            Version|4.6.4                       |4.6.3
         Resolution|---                         |WORKSFORME

--- Comment #5 from Anton Shterenlikht <mexas at bristol dot ac.uk> ---
On FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #5 r252055,
with ports tree at r322480, I can built
lang/gcc, which is now 4.6:

# gcc46 --version
gcc46 (FreeBSD Ports Collection) 4.6.3
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

# pkg info -xo gcc-4.6
gcc-4.6.3                      lang/gcc
# 

This is with Gerald's patch:

# cat /usr/ports/lang/gcc/files/patch-unwind-ia64.h
2010-09-12  Gerald Pfeifer  <gerald@pfeifer.com>

       PR target/45650
       * config/ia64/unwind-ia64.h: Do not mark _Unwind_FindTableEntry
       hidden on FreeBSD.

Index: gcc/config/ia64/unwind-ia64.h
===================================================================
--- gcc/config/ia64/unwind-ia64.h       (revision 164211)
+++ gcc/config/ia64/unwind-ia64.h       (working copy)
@@ -40,4 +40,7 @@
 extern struct unw_table_entry *
 _Unwind_FindTableEntry (void *pc, unsigned long *segment_base,
                        unsigned long *gp, struct unw_table_entry *ent)
-                       __attribute__ ((__visibility__ ("hidden")));
+#ifndef __FreeBSD__
+                       __attribute__ ((__visibility__ ("hidden")))
+#endif
+                        ;
# 

I think it was fixed due to recent binutil fixes.

Since 4.7, 4.8, 4.9 all build fine on this platform,
I'm no longer interested in 4.6.4.
I'm therefore closing this PR.



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list