[Bug tree-optimization/56145] New: [4.8.0 ICE] Use of too much optimizations -O2 -ffast-math -floop-parallelize-all

vchou79 at gmail dot com gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Wed Jan 30 05:28:00 GMT 2013


http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=56145

             Bug #: 56145
           Summary: [4.8.0 ICE] Use of too much optimizations -O2
                    -ffast-math -floop-parallelize-all
    Classification: Unclassified
           Product: gcc
           Version: 4.8.0
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P3
         Component: tree-optimization
        AssignedTo: unassigned@gcc.gnu.org
        ReportedBy: vchou79@gmail.com


Created attachment 29304
  --> http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=29304
preprocessed source

When compiling the following source code from this url.
http://waix.dl.sourceforge.net/project/lame/lame/3.99/lame-3.99.5.tar.gz

gcc produced ice, when the particular combination of optimization flags are
used. -m32 -m64 made no difference. When adding -fwrapv to the command line it
stops gcc from produce the ice.

gcc version 4.8.0 20130129 (experimental)
[gcc trunk revision 195526]
(mingw-w64 trunk revision 5568) 

x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc -m64 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include
-I../libmp3lame -O1 -ffast-math -floop-parallelize-all -c layer3.c -o layer3.o

Compiled OK...

x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc -m64 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include
-I../libmp3lame -O2 -ffast-math -floop-parallelize-all -c layer3.c -o layer3.o
layer3.c: In function 'decode_layer3_sideinfo':
layer3.c:1613:1: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
 decode_layer3_sideinfo(PMPSTR mp)
 ^
0x71f295 crash_signal
        ../../gcc-4_8-trunk/gcc/toplev.c:332
0xac6017 subtract_commutative_associative_deps
        ../../gcc-4_8-trunk/gcc/graphite-dependences.c:422
0xac6017 compute_deps(scop*, vec<poly_bb*, va_heap, vl_ptr>, isl_union_map**,
isl_union_map**, isl_union_map**, isl_union_map**, isl_union_map**,
isl_union_map**, isl_union_map**, isl_union_map**, isl_union_map**,
isl_union_map**, isl_union_map**, isl_union_map**)
        ../../gcc-4_8-trunk/gcc/graphite-dependences.c:494
0xac665a loop_level_carries_dependences
        ../../gcc-4_8-trunk/gcc/graphite-dependences.c:558
0xac665a loop_is_parallel_p(loop*, htab*, int)
        ../../gcc-4_8-trunk/gcc/graphite-dependences.c:591
0xac4eda translate_clast_for_loop
        ../../gcc-4_8-trunk/gcc/graphite-clast-to-gimple.c:1173
0xac4eda translate_clast_for
        ../../gcc-4_8-trunk/gcc/graphite-clast-to-gimple.c:1197
0xac4eda translate_clast
        ../../gcc-4_8-trunk/gcc/graphite-clast-to-gimple.c:1280
0xac54b4 gloog(scop*, htab*)
        ../../gcc-4_8-trunk/gcc/graphite-clast-to-gimple.c:1680
0xac29c4 graphite_transform_loops()
        ../../gcc-4_8-trunk/gcc/graphite.c:288
0x7d3726 graphite_transforms
        ../../gcc-4_8-trunk/gcc/tree-ssa-loop.c:258
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
Please include the complete backtrace with any bug report.
See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.

Hopefully somebody could be able to narrow this down and produce a reduced test
case.

Thank you.



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list