[Bug target/56412] New: [4.8 Regression] "libtool: cygpath: command not found" for mingw32 host

daniel.f.starke at freenet dot de gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Wed Feb 20 19:35:00 GMT 2013


http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=56412

             Bug #: 56412
           Summary: [4.8 Regression] "libtool: cygpath: command not found"
                    for mingw32 host
    Classification: Unclassified
           Product: gcc
           Version: 4.8.0
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P3
         Component: target
        AssignedTo: unassigned@gcc.gnu.org
        ReportedBy: daniel.f.starke@freenet.de


Configuring gcc r196092 for mingw32 on ming32 host without bootstrapping it
failed at lto-plugin for libtool with the following configuration:

../gcc-4.8/configure --enable-languages=c --disable-sjlj-exceptions
--disable-nls --disable-shared --enable-static --enable-fully-dynamic-string
--enable-libgomp --enable-lto --with-dwarf2 --disable-win32-registry
--enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --disable-bootstrap --build=mingw32
--enable-abi=32 --enable-checking=release --with-mpfr=/mingw --with-gmp=/mingw
--with-mpc=/mingw --prefix=/mingw

The error message for "make all-gcc" is:
make[2]: Entering directory `/new-gcc/bin/lto-plugin'
/bin/sh ./libtool --tag=CC --tag=disable-static  --mode=compile gcc
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../gcc-4.8/lto-plugin 
-I../../gcc-4.8/lto-plugin/../include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DPTW32_STATIC_LIB -Wall
-g -O2 -D__USE_MINGW_ACCESS -c -o lto-plugin.lo
../../gcc-4.8/lto-plugin/lto-plugin.c
./libtool: line 2008: cygpath: command not found
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../gcc-4.8/lto-plugin
-I../../gcc-4.8/lto-plugin/../include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DPTW32_STATIC_LIB -Wall
-g -O2 -D__USE_MINGW_ACCESS -c ""  -DDLL_EXPORT -DPIC -o .libs/lto-plugin.o
gcc.exe: : No such file or directory
gcc.exe: no input files

with the following values assigned:
srcfile: ../../gcc-4.8/lto-plugin/lto-plugin.c
fix_srcfile_path: `cygpath -w "$srcfile"`

The problem is probably within libtool.m4 where fix_srcfile_path is assigned
with cygpath even for mingw host at line 4790 with:
_LT_TAGVAR(fix_srcfile_path, $1)='`cygpath -w "$srcfile"`'



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list