[Bug debug/53948] [4.8 Regression] Assignment line missing for -O0 -g

law at redhat dot com gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Thu Feb 7 20:47:00 GMT 2013


http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=53948

--- Comment #8 from Jeffrey A. Law <law at redhat dot com> 2013-02-07 20:46:10 UTC ---
Also note the patch, to the best of my knowledge, was not ping'd.  As a
regression (and a P1 regression I might add) I would have expected Steven to
ping the patch and/or Jakub to have pushed harder for reversion of the original
patch which caused the regression per our patch reversion policy.

Either way it was not handled well. 


WRT on-the side datastructures.  The on-the-side structure here is the existing
tree structures.  At some point all the linkage between RTL structures and tree
structures needs to be sorted out, but I don't think now is the time nor do I
think the amount of usage here justifies using a precious bit in our base rtl
structure.



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list