[Bug libstdc++/54943] New: ARM - EABI - varargs floating point issue

selvaraj.santhosh at gmail dot com gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Wed Oct 17 10:31:00 GMT 2012


http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=54943

             Bug #: 54943
           Summary: ARM - EABI - varargs floating point issue
    Classification: Unclassified
           Product: gcc
           Version: unknown
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P3
         Component: libstdc++
        AssignedTo: unassigned@gcc.gnu.org
        ReportedBy: selvaraj.santhosh@gmail.com


I have a data-conversion function in our ARM9 code which uses varargs. I've
been using an arm-elf from a couple of years ago, with no problems. Recently,
we upgraded to the arm-eabi-none , and I'm finding that we now have problems
with floating point values. What I eventually discovered is that doubles are
being forced to 8-byte boundaries, and the existing varargs floating-point
handler didn't expect to find gaps in the args.

I can manually check the pointer and force it up to an eight-byte boundary (in
fact, I did that, and that fixed the issue entirely), but I'd like to know why
this has suddenly started happening.

I would appreciate any advice or insights that anyone could provide on these
issues.



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list