[Bug c++/54413] Option for turning off compiler extensions for -std=c++11 with respect to complex/fixed-point numbers missing

peter.sommerlad at hsr dot ch gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Mon Oct 15 21:17:00 GMT 2012


http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=54413

--- Comment #7 from Peter Sommerlad <peter.sommerlad at hsr dot ch> 2012-10-15 21:17:07 UTC ---
(In reply to comment #6)
> So what should these flags look like?
> 
> -fno-complex-literals
> -fno-fixed-literals
looks fine in principle.
> 
> Or should I use -W?
> 
> Should -std=c++11, etc. set these by default 
> (and you turn then back on with -fcomplex-literals, -ffixed-literals?)

I would happy with -ansi -std=c++11 work as I expected.

turning the extensions off with just -std=c++11 would not be what you want,
since existing code might rely on these extensions, only when we get -std=c++16
with my paper on UDL accepted, we should turn off these extensions, because
then the standard library will ship with the UDL suffixes identical or closely
to the GNU extensions.



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list