[Bug target/54805] New: __gthread* on VxWorks
rbmj at verizon dot net
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Thu Oct 4 00:40:00 GMT 2012
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=54805
Bug #: 54805
Summary: __gthread* on VxWorks
Classification: Unclassified
Product: gcc
Version: 4.8.0
Status: UNCONFIRMED
Severity: normal
Priority: P3
Component: target
AssignedTo: unassigned@gcc.gnu.org
ReportedBy: rbmj@verizon.net
Created attachment 28349
--> http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=28349
patch
I originally posted this on -help, but, not getting anything back, I'm still
pretty convinced this is a bug.
Compiling for powerpc-wrs-vxworks for downloadable kernel modules, there are
issues in vxlib-tls.c, which still references __gthread*tsd*. The only
remaining declarations, however, are to __gthread*tls*. I added a conditional
declaration of the __gthread*tsd* functions, and also noticed that one of the
calls to __gthread_tsd_leave_dtor_context doesn't pass tcb.
Also, it says that these functions are provided by the kernel, but I haven't
been able to find any documentation to confirm this. Can someone confirm that
these are in fact provided by the kernel?
I'm citing http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-08/msg01314.html for the old
prototypes.
The attached patch adds both the conditional declarations (on __RTP__) and the
minor change to the function call. I'm not sure if this is what it *should*
do, and I have no experience in this area, so deferring to the experts here.
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list