[Bug c++/53524] [4.7/4.8 Regression] Bogus and unsuppressible enum comparison warning
crowl at google dot com
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Thu May 31 21:14:00 GMT 2012
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=53524
--- Comment #17 from Lawrence Crowl <crowl at google dot com> 2012-05-31 21:08:51 UTC ---
> In any case I recommend not mixing together here different issues:
> the first one, subject of this report, is overeager warning in open
> enum context with conditional operators (I understand that by now
> we agree that the warning is behaving as designed, only it seems
> sensible to have a way to at least controlling it, cmp C front end,
> EDG); the second one is about speculative defects in the way the
> C++ front end handles enumerated types. For the latter we need
> testcases in Bugzilla, actually a separate PR should be opened.
I think this bug report is on how the C++ front end handles enums.
Its test case is very focussed on the problem. The other test
cases WRT this error message seem to be working correctly. So,
I think any new PR should be an RFE for the warning option.
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list