[Bug libstdc++/51956] New: [patch] improve shared_ptr and weak_ptr pretty-printers for gdb

b.r.longbons at gmail dot com gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Mon Jan 23 07:23:00 GMT 2012


http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=51956

             Bug #: 51956
           Summary: [patch] improve shared_ptr and weak_ptr
                    pretty-printers for gdb
    Classification: Unclassified
           Product: gcc
           Version: 4.6.2
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P3
         Component: libstdc++
        AssignedTo: unassigned@gcc.gnu.org
        ReportedBy: b.r.longbons@gmail.com


Created attachment 26422
  --> http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=26422
show weak count as well as strong

Some ignorant guy was complaining about how GDB was inferior because it didn't
print smart pointers and such "properly". Although we easily proved him wrong,
he *did* bring up that it would be nice to see the weak count as well as the
strong.

I don't even know python, but I managed to make this patch so it shows both the
strong and weak refcount.

I think this patch is trivial, so copyright assignment shouldn't be an issue.
But if it need be, just send me the form.



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list