[Bug c++/54191] [C++11] SFINAE does not handle conversion to inaccessible base
paolo.carlini at oracle dot com
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Tue Aug 7 12:23:00 GMT 2012
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=54191
Paolo Carlini <paolo.carlini at oracle dot com> changed:
What |Removed |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Status|UNCONFIRMED |NEW
Last reconfirmed| |2012-08-07
CC| |jason at gcc dot gnu.org
Ever Confirmed|0 |1
--- Comment #3 from Paolo Carlini <paolo.carlini at oracle dot com> 2012-08-07 12:22:58 UTC ---
Ok, thanks. Interestingly, 4.7 (which doesn't have the 51213 changes) behaves
exactly in the same way.
Some of the tests actually produces access control diagnostics, some just fail
the assertion, thus looks like simply we haven't been doing access control at
all (-> I'm afraid fully implementing the correct behavior for access control
under SFINAE may also require fixing long standing cases where we aren't doing
access control with templates, issues beyond access control under SFINAE
proper. But at least the cases where we actually produce the diagnostics now,
should be easy to fix. I'm adding Jason in CC, I'd like to hear him about my
more general considerations)
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list