[Bug fortran/52994] [OOP] [F08] internal compiler error: in gfc_trans_assignment_1, at fortran/trans-expr.c:6881

slayoo at staszic dot waw.pl gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Sun Apr 15 20:24:00 GMT 2012


http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=52994

--- Comment #8 from Sylwester Arabas <slayoo at staszic dot waw.pl> 2012-04-15 20:23:18 UTC ---
> Just out of curiosity: Are you aware of any compiler which swallows this?

No. I've just tried it with PGI (pgf95) but it chokes on "contains" "within a
derived type definition".

>> That's what I've got trying to reimplement quite verbosely a piece of C++ code
>> in Fortran :)
>
> That seems like a rare intention. There are certainly more people doing 
> it the other way around ;)

Indeed, but there're also lots of people (around me) dead sure of Fortran being
faster than anything :)

> I.e. it prints only one number, where it actually should print three.

Isn't arr(-1:-1) meaning a[-1], i.e. just one element? 

Sylwester



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list