[Bug rtl-optimization/50762] ICE: in extract_insn, at recog.c:2137 (unrecognizable insn)

regehr at cs dot utah.edu gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Tue Nov 8 16:22:00 GMT 2011


http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=50762

--- Comment #5 from John Regehr <regehr at cs dot utah.edu> 2011-11-08 16:13:38 UTC ---
(In reply to comment #2)
> I have updated the summary, but please do not hijack PRs.

I'd be happy to not hijack PRs but you will need to help.

My assumptions have been:

1. Sometimes, a new and simpler test case for a known ICE is useful.  For
example, in the past I have added new test cases to show that a bug for an
unpopular architecture with bizarre flags can also happen on x86 using -O.

2. It is incorrect to always open a new PR for a new test case for a known ICE,
because most of the time someone will simply have to flag it as a duplicate.

If one of these assumptions is incorrect, let me know.  If they are correct,
then I could use some guidance in deciding when to add to an existing PR and
when to create a new one.  Thanks.



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list