[Bug libstdc++/51013] complex::{imag,real}() should maintain lvalue-returning extension in C++11
paolo.carlini at oracle dot com
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Mon Nov 7 21:11:00 GMT 2011
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=51013
Paolo Carlini <paolo.carlini at oracle dot com> changed:
What |Removed |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
CC|paolo at gcc dot gnu.org |gdr at gcc dot gnu.org
--- Comment #1 from Paolo Carlini <paolo.carlini at oracle dot com> 2011-11-07 21:09:26 UTC ---
I did *not* *remove* anything, simply, for C++11, real() and imag() are exactly
*per the letter* of the Standard, that is (similarly for the specializations):
constexpr _Tp
real() const { return _M_real; }
constexpr _Tp
imag() const { return _M_imag; }
and I don't see why we should do something different. But, if Gaby thinks,
everything considered, that we want something different, I'm not going to
object to patches to that effect (from a technical point of view, note the
functions are now constexpr, thus you can't simply have two overloads anymore)
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list